The Umrah journey is the most sacred and rewarding journey after the Hajj pilgrimage. Muslims perform this journey to achieve the blessings and rewards of Allah Almighty. The good deeds we perform during the performance of the Umrah journey have rewards that are seventy times more than the reward on casual days. Every Muslim must perform the Umrah journey in the right manner. If a woman is going to perform the Umrah journey then she must need a Mahram with her. She cannot perform Umrah alone.
But if the woman is more than 45 years old then she can go to perform Umrah without Mahram. Mahram is the person who accompanies women during their Umrah journey. The person who can be the Mahram of the woman includes her husband or another blood relative. According to Islamic law, no other person can be the Mahram of a woman. Makkahtours have Umrah packages for you. Avail them and perform the Umrah journey with your loved ones.
How Old Is Mahram For Umrah?
Allah Almighty has fixed an age for which a boy can be considered as the Mahram for a woman. The age of Mahram must be 18 years old. If he is less than 18 years old then he cannot become the Mahram of a woman. A boy who has reached puberty can become Mahram. Moreover, he must be aware of all the conditions of the Umrah journey with a woman. If we have reached this age and know about all the conditions then he can be Mahram for a woman.
A boy must be an adult and have a sound mind for becoming a Mahram. If he has no sound mind then he cannot protect a woman and her honor as well. If you have a perfect Mahram with you then avail of the Umrah packages and perform Umrah as soon as possible.
Requirements For A Mahram
Certain requirements must be fulfilled by a male person to become a Mahram. Let us put a bird’s eye view of the following requirements.
- He must be an adult and reach puberty. The age at which a male can become Mahram is 18 years old. Before this age, he can’t be the Mahram for a woman.
- The person going to become Mahram must be sensible. He must be sensible enough to protect the woman and her honor. It is because the foremost duty of a Mahram is to protect the woman. He must have enough sense to become her guardian of her.
- The last thing is that the person must be honest and reliable. In addition, he should be responsible enough to take on the responsibilities of the woman during this sacred Umrah journey.
Makkahtours has cheap Umrah packages with flights for you. You can avail of them and perform Umrah with your Mahram.
References For A Mahram
- It is mentioned in Hanbalis that a mahram is an adult and has a sound mind as well. The main purpose of Mahram is 5o provide protection to the woman and only an adult can perform this task perfectly.
- Shaikh Ibn Uthymeen states that a giant man with conservative Salafi Islam can be the Mahram of a woman. A person cannot be considered a Mahram if he has not reached puberty adulthood.
Who Can Be The Mahram Of Women Through Blood?
A Mahram of a woman can be his husband or the blood relationship. No other person than these can become the Mahram of a woman. The blood relationships that can become the Mahram if the woman is given below:
- Uncle whether paternal or maternal
Perform Umrah with your loved ones through Umrah packages. These packages are present at many affordable and reasonable prices. Don’t waste your time and avail yourself of these packages as soon as possible.
Who Can Be The Mahram Of A Woman Through Marriage?
Certain persons can become the Mahram of a woman after her marriage. Let us know about the people who can become the Mahram of a woman after marriage.
Visit Makkahtours and know how much is Umrah. Go on your dream journey with us by getting our Umrah packages.
Women Over The Age Of 45
The Ministry of Saudi Arabia has fixed this rule that women above the age of 45 years old can perform Umrah without a Mahram. She can go with an organized group to perform the Umrah journey. It is the responsibility of the group they will protect her. There are some rules and regulations for the women who are going to perform the Umrah journey without a Mahram. She must have to follow these instructions when she goes to perform the Umrah pilgrimage. Let us know about these rules and regulations:
- The women must be above the age of 45 years old. If she is younger than this age then she must have a Mahram with her for the performance of the Umrah journey.
- She has to submit the no objection certificate from her family. Her family has no issue at her Umrah with an organized group of people.
- A woman without Mahram is not allowed to perform Ramal. Ramal is the ritual of the Umrah journey in which pilgrims run at a medium pace during Tawaf. So, if a woman is going to perform Umrah without a Mahram then she cannot run during Tawaf. She has to walk at the Normal pace.
- There is much crowd in the Holy Kaaba during the time of Tawaf. If the place is much crowded then the woman should have to maintain a safe distance from other people, especially from men. She has to protect herself.
- She has a prohibition to recite Talbiyah loudly. This prohibition is also for the women who are with their Mahram. Only men can recite Talbiyah loudly. Women with or without Mahram have to recite Talbiyah in a very low voice. Her voice should not be heard by any other person.
- Women without Mahram should not attract the attention of others towards themselves. She should not wear such clothes which make others attentive towards her. The clothes should be as simple as possible.
- She should stay with her group members. Moreover, she is not allowed to make conversation with other people. The women without Mahram should have to stay with her group only. Moreover, interaction with other unknown men is not allowed for her.
- Furthermore, she has to offer prayers in a specific area provided for females only. In case, if there is much crowd then she can perform the Nafl prayers at any place in the Masjid-Al-Haram. But it can be done after the completion of Tawaf. First, she has to complete Tawaf, and then she can go for offering Nafl prayers.
You must have to follow these instructions when you are going to perform the Umrah journey with your Mahram or without your Mahram.
In short, Mahram is necessary for women who are performing Umrah before the age of 45 years old. Her Mahram can be a person from his blood relations or her husband. There is an age limit for Mahram. Mahram must be 18 years old and have a solid mind. He must be sensible enough to protect the woman. Now it is the time to perform Umrah with your Mahram. Grab the opportunity given by Makkahtours. Hence, get the Umrah packages and perform Umrah with your family members.